27/1/12 Sadly large parts of this website’s contents are out of date. I last put serious work into it about 2006. Occasionally I am thinking of things to add however
Who Am I?
I am a 44 year old hypnotherapist and father of two Daughters
Abbie and Zoe. I live in Braintree, Essex, England with my wife Maria and her two children Liam and Becky. Braintree is about 45 miles North East of London.
I currently have the following pages on the internet
My main focus is Melodic Rock band Praying Mantis.
I maintain the 2nd Braintree and Bocking Air Scout Group website. I am also Group Scout Leader there.
- Computers. I love playing with software and checking out the latest stuff
- I have a bash at playing a Yahama WX-5 Wind Controller. This is basically a stick that plays like a Saxophone. It connects to a Yahama VL70-m Tone Generator and this can produced 256 different factory set voices plus other uploadable sounds. I got it as I used to play Sax and Clarinet as a teenager but was pitch-wise hence this is in the non music interest section!). Being an electric instrument I can practice in silence. Since getting it I have tried a Clarinet again.
- I play Surdo with Essex Samba Band
- Pinball – Check out Pro Pinball
- Bridge – I enjoy playing Bridge on my Psion handheld PC and used to arrange games at work. I have never been very good though.
- Reading – I don’t get as much time for reading as I would like. My all time favourite novel is Woman In White by Wilkie Collins and my favourite author is probably John Wyndham. I normally write reviews of the books I have read.
- My Family Tree and The Origins of the name Hinchliffe
- Motorcycle riding (not the Bikes themselves)
- Hill Walking
At the time of this update (10/10/09) I suffer from ME/Chronic Fatigue Syndrome. However I feel I am now 80% over this. You will need to jump to my ME/Hypnotherapy pages for my current status. My ME page here finishes before my recovery started.